Tips On How To Save Energy And Stop Spending A Fortune On Its Bills
Category : Home Improvements
Are you tired of spending a fortune on your utility bills? Does it feel like you are spending everything you earn on it? Do you wish to learn how to save energy? If so, read ahead to see what our experts have to say on it…
- Check your big machines – most modern homes have at least a few appliances and large machines that consume a huge load of energy, and inevitably is also the cause of your huge electricity bill. Of the most common is the fridge, washing machine, television and water heater. The solution? Replace your old models with new ones that consume less energy and is more efficient. Make sure you are washing a full load, rather than a little at a time when using the washing machine. Use instant heaters that saves time and energy. Use LED TVs that are less bulky for your home and for your electricity bill.
- Check your small machines – then there are those small and insignificant electronics that we unknowingly consume a lot of energy from. The microwave, some irons, fancy coffee machines, laptops or desktops…these are all common to most homes. Take a good look at your daily used appliances, and sort out those unnecessary ones.
- Select the 2 “B”s with care – and what are the 2 Bs? Bulbs and blinds of course! You already know that ordinary bulbs consume unnecessary energy. So switch to energy saving lights. Use lights that are multi-purposed, like night lamp clocks. But apart from that, did you know that you can use thermal blinds Wellington to absorb the outside heat; so your home is warm and cozy? This is especially beneficial for those countries that have long winters.
- Make a difference in your daily routine – our daily routine has many instances when we waste electricity and energy. How many of us are in the habit of putting off our work for the later hours of the day, simply because we’re asleep during the daylight hours? This obviously means you will have to waste electricity. Go to sleep early, wake up early and get a head start on your day. Throw open your curtains or open up those ideal vertical blinds and let the sunlight seep in. trust us, you’ll be more productive with it in your working space. Likewise, many of us are also in the habit of using our television for “background noise” while we text or while we are on our smart phones. This too is a waste of energy. Use one electronic at a time; unless you are multi-tasking to be efficient, of course.
- Select your decorations with purpose – is your home smaller in size? Does it not have a lot of natural light to satisfy you? Rather than investing on loads of lights, be smart about your decorations. Use mirrors to bounce what little sunlight you are getting; so you wouldn’t need to turn on those lights during daylight hours at the very least…